Tuesday 19 May 2020

Day One - Here I go again.....




So, here I am again - May 2020 (year of Covid19) and I'm still fat, not even podgy, just plain old fat!



Seems my food demons have risen again, well to be fair they never really left! 
New Year intentions were soon gone by the end of January......

Whilst weight wise I'm NOT back to where I started at my heaviest (many moons ago when I sorted of started this blog); I'm not far off.

And now I can add in my newly diagnosed diabetes to the fun of my disintegrating, abused body!



I think I might be the only person in the world to say that getting Covid19 saved my life.
Firstly it shut all the junk food outlets - HooBloodyRa!
Then I really did get sick and my appetite dropped.
Thirdly I ended up at the Hospital again as my bloods were so deranged I was falling off my perch

Blood Sugar 37+
Lactate 6.7
Triglycerides off the chart..... not so much blood in my veins as a fat sludge with sugar particles.... 



I can blame Covid19 for not being able to  walk for any period without getting puffed but not being able to see my feet, do a sit up or fit in to 90% of my clothes without looking like a stuffed sausage or Demis Roussos - thats ALL me. 

I can no longer pretend I am comfy in my own skin.......

Every day now, whilst I get reuse of my lungs and get over this general exhaustion (thank you Covid19)  I spend several hours reading and researching about T2DM, various diets (I feel reviews and opinions coming on!) and planning meals.  With the odd peek at diabetic foot ulcers; dont if you dont have to......


I have seen enough literature and spoken to enough knowledgeable people to understand its NOT the exercise that really matters, although it helps to strengthen, tone and make you feel generally better, its the food I  put in my mouth thats the issue...... and I certainly have my food demons; already I can feel them gnawing at my brain.
Although postprandial walking does have its place....... more on this later!






I am not sure how to deal with these critters, they have been with me from childhood and whilst they are scary, I also know they are pathetic.  But deal with them I must, this is no longer a case of being a porker, this is organ damaging, limb losing, life shortening reality.

I am starting the blog again to try and focus myself, maybe get some friendly support, keep my food diary on track and hopefully get the odd kick up the arse!



I am planning to show daily food diary with pictures, logging the calories, carbs, proteins, fat, fibre and salt content - mostly so I can show my Diabetic Nurse and Dietitian in a few months.  Also for me to show my progress, good/bad days etc etc

My plan today, and every day,  is just to GET through  the day with no slip ups.



1 comment:

  1. I know you will quickly learn to manage your food demons, stick to your plan and completely succeed in permanently changing your diet and eating habits.
    Good luck – you can definitely do it - I’m with you all the way.
    Love Always Cath xxx

    ReplyDelete