Friday 7 August 2020

4th, 5th & 6th August 2020 - Dorset Days Away!

So Hubby and I decided ages ago we would take a quick mini break when his work had a little space in it.
Bingo and we were off to Tolpuddle in Dorset.... only 1.5hrs drive away yet far enough to call a mini break!
We had a little cottage that was self catering, so apart from one lunch in the middle we manged to eat at home and I was therefore in CONTROL.

Tuesday breakfast was two slices of pumpkin toast with cream cheese and marmite; lunch before we went was a big chicken salad....

After we arrived and did a stroll around the little village we had a steak and salad dinner - yum yum - before vegging out on the sofa to watch movies and enjoy some together time.

Wednesday was a jam packed sightseeing day in Weymouth.
We started the day off with ham and egg on toast and set off for Nothe Forte, sadly it was closed til much later and we ended up at the local Sand Sculpture Event. This is Hubby finishing off the Evolution of Man.....


Lunch was something that I had been vexing over and getting excited about for weeks..... The Dorset Burger Co.
I opted in the end for a "Cajun Burger" with the Lite option (no chips but salad) - its basically a cajun spiced chicken breast with a grilled pineapple ring - it was lush! I even treated myself to a stuffed jalepeno pepper - all cal counted! go me 😀

Yes I stole a chip and onion ring! but was unimpressed - however, Hubby had to put the chips out of my sight and reach, as post his own enormous "Triple Meat" burger he couldn't eat the chips and the old me reared its picking/chip eating head..... 


After lunch we strolled back down the beach, had a cold drink and then visited the Sealife centre - always fun!!


Please note the beautiful necklace Hubby gave me as a surprise!

On the way back I surprised HIM with a Jurassic Safari! a ride on an ATV with local guide showing us all the fauna and flora - with tea and homemade cake, I did indulge, to be polite! and had two bites!

Post all that walking (15k steps), excitement and eating we headed "home" for more movies, snuggles and a chicken salad.

Thursday morning and it was time to come home, we treated ourselves to a huge breakfast of scrambled eggs on toast with smoked salmon and headed home.

Dinner in the evening was the easypeasy Cabbage & Prawn "melt" with more salmon!




No comments:

Post a Comment