Wednesday 24 June 2020

24th June 2020

Post second shift, on/off sleeping so felt a bit off colour most of the day.

Tried the "two meals a day" split, cant really do it on a non work day; I really struggled with eating all of lunch (I couldnt manage the tangerine) and then dinner was a let down.....

Lunch was a wholemeal pitta with cream cheese and sliced boiled egg, tomato/BNS mix soup, chicken thighs and spinach with some grapes and an unmanageable tangerine!


Dinner felt a long time coming today, was also lots of faff and prepping for a very disappointing taste IMO.
"Shredded crispy chicken" was a damp squip!
the spaghetti squash was just mush and the spicy sauce was a bit too sour for my tastes and not enough chilli.
So I wont be bothering to tweak this one, as no redeeming qualities for me at all.



The spaghetti squash took a long time to bake and then was not really "pasta" like and very wet and bland.   Lots of receipes call for use of salt, butter and cheese - but then whats the point of it being a healthy pasta alternative! may as well eat cardboard strings!


I will be trying Zoodles (zucchini/courgette) and Boodles (BNS) in the future though as I still have my gadget to try out!

Cals  1334
Carbs 94.1
Protein 108.8
Fat 56.2
Fibre 16.8
Salt 3.28

No comments:

Post a Comment